At pathfinder Care, we provide suitable accommodation and Outreach Support services that meet the needs of care leavers moving from residential care and family placements to independent living within their local authority. The support aims to enable Young People cope with the various demands of maintaining a tenancy whilst building on their existing skills.
The service provides support and advice for Young People through personal development group Keywork Session. The areas these session covers include:
- Understanding the rights and obligations of a tenancy agreement
- Paying rent, getting services connected, report repairs and getting on with other residents and neighbours.
- Life Skills
- Budgeting ( Prioritizing expenses)
- Accessing employment and education, writing support letter, CVs, escorting to College and Universities Open days for Career Opportunities and Job maintenance.
- Household Management
- Accessing and using services in the community.
- Claiming the right Benefits. i.e. Income Support, JSA, Council tax reduction or exemption
- Maintaining appointments with Jobcentres and escort duties
- Emotional wellbeing and making referral for supports where necessary.